The City of Klamath Falls offers a wide variety of benefits for the permanent, full-time employee.
- Employee Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- HRA VEBA Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick & Holidays
- MASA MTS
The City provides a confidential, no-cost program for employees and their dependents troubled by psychological, emotional or substance abuse problems.
- Solutions Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Phone: 541-885-4548
Flexible Spending Accounts
PacificSource (IRS 125 Plan) provides a means of saving pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care and non-reimbursed health expenses not covered by health insurance.
- Pacific Source: 800-422-7038
- Plan Description (PDF)
- AFSCME Employees Enrollment and Eligibility Guide (PDF)
- AFSCME Employees Express Scripts (PDF)
- AFSCME Employees Open Enrollment Annual Notices (PDF)
- CIS 2020 New Hire and Making Changes During the Year Guide (PDF)
- AFSCME BlueCross BlueShield and VSP Summary Sheets 2021
- AFSCME Delta Dental Summary Sheet 2021
- Non-Represented Delta Dental Summary Sheet 2021
- Teamsters Dental Summary Sheet 2021
- Teamsters Dental Summary Sheet B 2021
- Teamsters Medical Summary Sheet 2021
- Non-Represented BlueCross BlueShield and VSP Summary Sheets 2021
- TEAMSTERS Vision Summary Sheet - VSP Plan 4
HRA VEBA Accounts
HRA VEBA (Health Reimbursement Account a Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association)
An HRA is a type of health plan that puts you in control. It’s a savings account for your family’s medical care expenses and premiums. The money comes from your employer. Depending on your employer’s plan design, you can begin spending your HRA right away, or save it up until you meet certain eligibility requirements, such as separation from service or retirement.
You get to put your money to work by choosing from a menu of available investment funds. To learn more, read our Investment Fund Information brochure. Also, our Investment Fund Overview contains quarterly performance data for each fund. To get the most current versions of these items, go to hraveba.org and click Investments.
Low-cost or no-cost depending on coverage selected.
ICMARC (International City Management Association Retirement Corporation) information at https://www.icmarc.org/
- Two types of payroll contributions available to full-time City employees
- 457 Pre-tax: You may reduce your taxable income for the year. These contributions and all associated earnings are not subject to tax until your withdraw them
- 457 Roth After-tax: While they do not reduce your taxable income for the year, future withdrawals may be tax-free.
PERS (Public Employees Retirement System)
IAP (Individual Account Program) information at https://www.oregon.gov/pers/MEM/Pages/What-is-the-IAP.aspx
OPSRP (Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan) PERS-covered employees hired on or after August 29, 2003, are OPSRP members unless membership was previously established in PERS. OPSRP information at https://www.oregon.gov/pers/MEM/Pages/OPSRP-Overview.aspx
PERS Tier Two member if you began working for a PERS -participating employer on or after January 1, 1996, and before August 29, 2003, and worked six full calendar months for a PERS-participating employer in a qualifying position requiring at least 600 hours per calendar year.
PERS Tier One member if you began working for a PERS-participating employer on or before December 31, 1995, and worked six full calendar months for a PERS-participating employer in a qualifying position requiring at least 600 hours per calendar year.
PERS Tier One/Tier Two information at https://www.oregon.gov/pers/MEM/Pages/Plan-Definitions.aspx
Retirement Form: 2021 ICMARC Contribution Change Form (PDF)
Vacation, Sick & Holidays
- Vacation accrual per month based on years of service
- Employees accrue sick leave at the rate of 8 hours per month
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Jury Duty and Military Leave
Emergency transportation costs. MASA MTS is here to protect its members and their families from the shortcomings of health insurance coverage by providing them with comprehensive financial protection for lifesaving emergency transportation services, both at home and away from home.