Press Release - Traffic Changes and Lane Closures
Street Division crews will be performing work the week of August 13, 2018 as follows:
Asphalt Crews: Minor street repairs throughout the City and County rights-of-way as follows:
- August 13, 2018 – Utility cut repairs on Upham and in the KUHS area.
- August 14, 2018 – Utility cut repairs in the Pacific Terrace area.
- August 15, 2018 – Utility cut repairs on Crescent Avenue and Alameda
- August 16, 2018 – Pot hole patching on Commercial and Broad Streets
Traffic control will be in place and traffic should expect delays.
Sign/Paint Crews: Main line striping for City streets. Klamath County paint crews will be assisting the City crews in painting the main line striping. Please do not drive on fresh painted lines. Watch for crew members coming off lines and flagging traffic and please do not follow the paint truck too close or too fast. Remember, if you cannot see the drive, he cannot see you!
- August 14, 15 & 16, 2018 – City-wide main line striping from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- August 16, 2018 – Campus Drive arrows and legends from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. and then from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Esplanade, Crater Lake Parkway to Main Street.
Eldorado Avenue Improvements Project
Grinding and paving work on Eldorado Avenue will take place from August 13, 2018 to August 24, 2018.
In order to safely control the traffic flow on Eldorado Avenue during this time period, we will need to limit access to the side roads as follows:
- Peach Street, Dahlia Street and Birch Street on the west side of Eldorado will be closed during this time period. Please use Sloan Street for access.
- Lexington Avenue and Birch Street on the east side of Eldorado will also be closed during this time frame. Please use Van Ness for access
There will be a pilot car on Eldorado Avenue to lead traffic through the project during grinding and paving operations. Please pay attention to the flaggers and the “Wait for Pilot Car” signs.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as this project nears completion.
While the below information is not a City project we would like citizens to know of the traffic changes and lane closures:
The City has issued obstruction permits as follows:
Construction continues on the Klamath Commons Park. This work includes work in the roadways on Main Street, 11th Street, Klamath Avenue and 12th Street. Drivers should anticipate lane closures and other traffic control markers along these streets.
The City would like to thank Citizens, in advance for proceeding with caution in these areas. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the City of Klamath Falls Public Works Department at (541) 883-5363.
Separated Bike Lanes
A separated bike lane combines the user experience of a multi-use trail with a conventional bike lane. They have different forms, but all share common elements - they provide space that is used for bicycles and are separated from motor vehicle travel lanes, parking lanes and sidewalks. FIND OUT MORE and INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THEM
View current employment opportunities at the City of Klamath Falls.