Press Release - Traffic Changes and Lane Closures
- Asphalt Crews – will be performing skin patch overlays from 4 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (weather permitting) as follows:
- Monday, September 17 – AC prep in the 500 and 600 blocks of Mitchell, 1800 blocks of Melrose and Earle Streets.
- Tuesday, September 18 – Asphalt overlay on Van Camp Street.
- Wednesday, September 19 – Dig out repair on North 1st Street.
- Thursday, September 20 – Dig out and repair 2200 block of Garden Avenue.
Notices have been delivered to area residents that will be impacted by these road maintenance activities. There will be no on-street parking allowed. Please use your driveway or make arrangements to park elsewhere. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
- Sign/Paint Crews: will be painting crosswalks, legends and curbs as follows:
- September 18-21, 2018 – Downtown parking “Ts” from 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- September 18-20, 2018 – Crosswalks, curbs and legends on North Eldorado Avenue.
- September 20 & 21, 2018 - City school crossings at Pelican School and Ponderosa School
The intersection near the island at Prospect/Upham/Oregon/North 10th will have traffic modifications so that landscaping can be performed. This work will take place from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, September 17 through Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
Westbound traffic onto Upham will not be able to turn onto Prospect to go down 9th Street. Drivers on 10th Street near the island will not be able to go north on Prospect to Upham. Please use alternate routes so that these improvements can be performed.
The City would like to thank Citizens, in advance for proceeding with caution in these areas. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the City of Klamath Falls Public Works Department at (541) 883-5363.
Veterans Memorial Fall Brick Order Deadline
City of Klamath Falls Development Services Office
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A deadline of September 28, 2018, has been set for the Fall Brick Order for bricks dedicated to military veterans to be placed at the Veterans Memorial by Veterans Day in November.
The Veteran’s Memorial Project is a community wide project which honors and recognizes Veterans who have served this nation. The memorial features a pavilion, war monuments and over 5,000 dedicated bricks meant to be a lasting legacy to military individuals. Each brick is a tribute to a military member and their service. Bricks can be ordered for $50 each and dedicated to any United States veteran regardless of where they live and whether they are living or deceased.
For more information, contact the City of Klamath Falls Development Services Office at 541-883-5361 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A brick order form can also be downloaded from the city website at www.klamathfalls.city.
View current employment opportunities at the City of Klamath Falls.