Press Release - Traffic Changes and Lane Closures
Streets Maintenance for October 15 – 19, 2018
Street Division crews will be performing work during the hours of 4:00 am through 4:30 pm (weather permitting) October 15 - 19. 2018, 2018 as follows:
Asphalt crews will be performing work on the following Streets and days:
- Monday – Dig out and repair Broad St., Concrete pour on Quail Pt. Dr. and Utility Patching on Mitchell St., Martin St. and Division St.
- Tuesday – Pave/repair on Broad St., Utility Patching Mitchell St., Martin St. and Division St. Concrete repairs for Utility Cuts in the City.
- Wednesday – Utility cut repair at 8th St. and Pine St.
- Thursday – 1800 blk Lowell St. Dig out repair.
Sign / Paint Crews will be painting crosswalks, legends and curbs in the following areas and times:
- Tuesday - Friday - 4:00am – 7:00am, City Hall, City Annex Parking lot, Parking T’s Pine St.
- Tuesday - Friday - 8:00am to 2:30pm, City wide Paint touch up, Crosswalks and Legends, Rail Crossing Portland St.
While the below information is not a City project we would like citizens to know of the traffic changes and lane closures:
The City has issued obstruction permits as follows:
- Hunter Communications will be putting fiber optic cable in the ground on South Williams Avenue between Henderson and Main on 10/17/18 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Century Link will be working along Clover Street placing fiber optic cable underground and replacing a pedestal. The work is expected to last from 10/15/18 to 10/30/18. The southbound lane of Clover Street will be closed with signs and flaggers.
- The sidewalk and parking lane in front of the post office will be closed from 10/12/18 to 10/19/18 for exterior window painting.
- The sidewalk and parking lane on the Mortimer Street side of the Seventh Day Adventist Church located at 1735 Main Street will be closed on 10/15/18 and 10/16/18 for exterior building work.
- Work continues on Klamath Commons Park and, as such, citizens will continue to see road closures and lane closures directly around the jobsite.
The City would like to thank Citizens, in advance for proceeding with caution in areas where crews are working. Work may be delayed due to weather, equipment breakdown or unexpected emergencies. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the City of Klamath Falls Public Works Department at (541) 883-5363 or (541) 883-5385.
View current employment opportunities at the City of Klamath Falls.