Municipal Court

Municipal Court Now Has Online Payments!

Parking and most traffic citations can now be paid online! To access the online payment portal, click here.

Municipal Court Temporary Operations

NEXT SESSION: TUESDAY JANUARY 19th, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (PDT)

Please join the hearing from your computer, tablet or smartphone by clicking here.

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121

Access Code: 872-460-309 

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts by clicking here:

Closed to Walk-in Traffic Only

Due to the public health emergency throughout the State in response to the spread of the coronavirus - COVID-19 and the City’s efforts to protect the public health and the health of our employees, our Municipal Court will remain open for business, by telephone, written communication, and fax only. See authorizing ORDER 20-001, ORDER 20-002, and ORDER 20-003.

Municipal Court Bench

About Municipal Court

The City of Klamath Falls Municipal Court is the judicial branch of City government. The Municipal Court provides a local forum for the resolution of traffic infractions, parking citations and City ordinance violations issued within the city limits of Klamath Falls. Municipal Court Judge Nathan Ratliff, appointed by the City Council pursuant to the City Charter, oversees the Court’s operations along with Aaron Snow, Interim Court Supervisor. Many citations may be handled at the clerk’s counter during regular business hours, please call 541-883-5311 to see if this may apply to your citation. Municipal Court’s business hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, except for legal holidays.

The Municipal Court’s primary function is to adjudicate citations issued by the City of Klamath Falls Police and Code Enforcement Departments. In the event that a Defendant is found guilty, the Municipal Court strives to work with defendants that are willing to correct the violation(s) they have been cited for. It is the Municipal Court’s goal to gain compliance and not simply impose fines.

Please note that the Municipal Court Staff cannot give legal advice. They can only provide you information on court procedures. If you have a question as to how to proceed with any legal matter, please consult an attorney. For lawyer referral services you may contact the Oregon State Bar at 1-800-452-7291. If you believe you may be eligible for legal aid services, you may contact Legal Aid Services of Oregon for Klamath and Lake Counties at 541-273-0533 to determine your eligibility.  The Oregon State Bar also provides recorded information on various legal subject areas through the Tel-Law information service, which can be reached at 1-800-252-4776 or by visiting their website at Oregon State Bar.