Ella Redkey Basic Code of Conduct
Respect the Rules
They exist for everyone's safety.
Respect the Staff
They are here for your safety.
Respect the Facility
You own it
Respect Each Other
The facility is for all to share.
Basic Pool Rules
- Please protect our water.
- Shower yourself and your child. Take a cleansing shower before entering the pool or after using the toilet.
- Please do not use the pool if you or your child have had diarrhea in the past two weeks or a disease communicable by water.
- Swimmers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Avoid diving except in the deep ends of the pools.
- Avoid running, roughhousing, or unsafe behavior.
- You must be 48 inches tall to ride the slide regardless of swimming skill.
Food & Drinks
- Food and drinks are allowed in designated areas only, which include: the pool spectator area in the bleachers or on the tables by the lower bathrooms.
- Food and drinks must be kept away from pool.
- Glass containers, plastic bottles that shatter and gum are not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- BBQs are only allowed in the parking lot of the facility unless you are privately renting the pool.
- Children 6 years and younger - Must be supervised at all times by a responsible person 14 years or older. An adult must accompany children in the water if they are non-swimmers.
- Youth 7 years and older - Direct adult supervision is strongly recommended, especially for non-swimmers. Non-swimmers must remain where they can stand unless accompanied by a responsible adult or wearing a life jacket.
Flotation Devices & Water Toys
- Tubes, play mats, and balls are not allowed in the pool unless for special pool events. These flotation devices do not substitute for life saving devices and may cause crowding and lifeguard visibility.
- Life jackets are encouraged for non-swimmers, which we provide for use. People wearing life jackets may not use the slide.
- Outside toys must be approved by the staff before taking them into the pools. Toys that absorb water (nerf balls), squirt guns, fins and larger inflatables will not be allowed.
- Deep Water Swim Requirements - Children must be able to comfortably swim one width of the pool (half on front, rolling over and half on back) to swim in the deep end or use the diving boards or rope swing. Lifeguards may require that you demonstrate your swim skills before using the deep end features.
Locker Room Use
- Children 6 years and older must use the same gender locker room.
- Family changing bathrooms are available for parents with young children. Adult supervision is required at all times (located left of the bleachers in the lower bathrooms).
- Please help us conserve water and keep showers brief.
- No food, drink, gum, or glass is allowed in the locker rooms.
- Avoid cell phones or photo devices in the locker room.
- No running, roughhousing, loud or offensive behavior, language or gestures.