Home Improvement Grant
The goal of this program is to incentivize the improvement of housing facades in neighborhoods thereby improving property values and community aesthetics.
The City will solicit property owners in a specific area to improve residential properties. The corridors were selected by the City. All other criteria of the program will apply. Awards will be granted on a competitive basis within the focus corridors located in the Mills Neighborhood and Oregon Avenue - 9th Street neighborhood. Maps of the specific property areas are located in the HELPFUL LINKS section of this page. Properties outside the defined corridor will not be eligible for this program phase. The City anticipates two funding cycles, one for Fall 2017 and one for Spring 2018.
- This Pilot Program is structured as a 50/50 matching grant up to $250 for improvements to the exterior of single family homes located within a specific corridor.
- The intent of this Pilot Program is to:
- Encourage property owners to make visible improvements to their homes; and
- Enhance the character and appearance of the community
- Grant recipients will be reimbursed for 50% of the cost of eligible expenses up to $250 upon satisfactory completion of the work. Recipients will have to supply copies of paid invoices or receipts.
- The deadline to submit an application for the Fall Housing Improvement Grant is August 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Applicants will have 90 days from the award of the grant to complete the work and request reimbursement.
- Eligible applicants include property owners and tenants with property owner consent.
It is the intent of the City to learn from this Pilot Program in the hopes of creating a City-wide Housing Improvement Grant Program. The Program may either be renewed or discontinued at the discretion of the City Council.
- Exterior painting
- Restoring, replacing, or adding windows
- Repairs or improvements to exterior siding
- Cleaning, repointing, or removing paint from exterior brick
- Single family homes
- Owner occupied
- Rentals with landlord consent
- Multi-family (triplex and above)
- Interior improvements
- Equipment purchases
- The deadlines to submit an application are August 31, 2017, for the first round and March 15, 2018, for the second round, both at 5:00 p.m. Please include all relevant information with your application, including:
- Pictures showing the property’s current condition. Pictures must include the area that is to be improved. No grants will be awarded without photographs.
- A detailed description of the work to be completed and estimated costs.
- A completed application signed by a responsible party committing to the work being completed within 90 days. For improvement to non-owner occupied homes, a completed Owner Consent Form is required.
Applications may be submitted by mail, in person, or by email to the address listed on the application form. If applying by mail or in person, please submit the application to:
City of Klamath Falls
Housing Improvement Grant
500 Klamath Avenue
Klamath falls, OR 97601
Grants will be awarded on the following criteria:
- Overall improvement to the aesthetics of the home
- Match above and beyond that required by the program