The mission of the Human Resources Department is to support the goals and challenges of the City by providing services which promote a positive work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect.
Human Resources is responsible for providing a wide range of services to City departments and employees. We are responsible for: the recruitment and selection of those applicants who are most qualified for City positions; administration of the City's classification and pay structure; the City's employer/employee relations program through the administration of labor contracts, grievance resolution and personnel policy consultation and training; and the administration of the City's Safety and
We are committed to providing the highest quality of personal service to City staff and our community.
This position works under the specific direction of the City Engineer, or his/her designee to perform entry level professional civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering work in the design, investigation, and construction of public works project. Incumbents will advance to the next level, Assistant Engineer, based on successful performance during the probationary period and obtaining the Fundamentals of Engineering Certification (FE). Employees who do not obtain the FE within eighteen months or have unacceptable performance will be released (terminated). This is a non-supervisory position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assist with the professional level engineering tasks essential for the planning estimating, scoping, design, bidding and construction of Public Works projects
- Write specifications, prepare plans, and calculate cost estimates for various engineering projects
- Perform cost analysis and monitor project scheduling to ensure completed on time and within budget
- Perform professional level complex engineering calculations
- Consult with and provide information to contractors, developers, departments, agencies and the public
- Coordinate engineering projects between contractors and the City
- Prepare professional level correspondence, reports, agenda items, project recommendations or other written material for staff, management, or Council Perform project management and inspection duties and documentation of private and public construction projects
- Perform project management and inspection duties and documentation of private and public construction projects
- Administer and enforce City codes and standards on engineering projects
Education and/or Experience:
This is an entry level for the engineering professional and requires a bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year college or university in Civil Engineering; emphasis in design of: water, geothermal, sewer, streets and construction management preferred.
Valid Oregon Driver’s License. New employees establishing resident status in the State of Oregon must obtain an Oregon driver’s license within 30 days.
Employee must successfully complete the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination within one year of employment. Other certificates related to the job duties are desirable such as a national or state construction inspector certification. Employee must be capable, qualified and preparing to become registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Oregon.
SALARY: AFSCME Grade 7: Starting wage of $3,870.00 per month + full benefits package
This position is open until filled. Complete job description and application packets (including electronic copies) are available at WorkSource Oregon, 801 Oak Ave, Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601, 541.883.5630 EOE
The City of Klamath Falls Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer. This position is responsible for patrol and investigative law enforcement activities. Salary of $4,684-$5749 per month DOE with additional incentive packages up to 12% of base salary plus an excellent benefits package and a professional work environment, making this position extremely competitive. The City of Klamath Falls is a great place to work!
Required: Be a citizen of the United States or a nonimmigrant legally admitted to the United States under a Compact of Free Association within 18 months of hire date, minimum age 21, high school diploma or GED, and a valid Oregon Driver’s License. A bachelor’s degree, law enforcement experience and/or military experience is preferred but not required. Reserve or lateral transfer preferred. Job offers for this position are contingent on the individual passing a pre-employment drug screen, background investigation, psychological exam, and DPSST fitness and written tests. Signing Bonus of up to $1000 upon successful completion of training.
Please see the side box for full job description, application, and important information about tests. Applications must be submitted to City of Klamath Falls Human Resources and may be submitted one of the following ways: physical address: 226 S. 5th St. Klamath Falls, OR, 97601; mail: PO Box 237, Klamath Falls, OR, 97601; EMAIL; or fax: 541-883-5395. H.R. phone number is 541-883-5317.
Positions open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)