The Wastewater Division provides services to nearly 28,000 City of Klamath Falls residents and Klamath Basin area customers. The Division provides sewage collection/treatment, and storm water collection services for the residents of Klamath Falls. The Wastewater Division also provides sewage treatment services for a major residential development and a major destination resort/residential development that are outside of the City limits.
The Division has:
- Staff consisting of 13 full-time employees responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of all equipment, facilities and infrastructure.
- Equipment, facilities and infrastructure that includes: 1 wastewater treatment plant, 150 miles of sanitary sewers, 12 wastewater pumping stations, 4 storm water pumping stations and 110 miles of storm water collection lines.
- Wastewater treatment facilities processing an averaged combined 3.1 million gallons of wastewater per day from over 7,400 service connections.
In 1998 the Wastewater initiated a three year $16.5 million Phase I capital improvement program designed to provide the following improvements:
- The decommissioning of a 0.5 MGD wastewater treatment facility and flow transfer of wastewater to the City's main wastewater treatment facility.
- The upgrade and expansion of the main wastewater treatment facility to provide process reliability and redundancy improvements.
- The construction of wastewater re-use pumping station and pipeline for the supply of cooling water to Pacific Klamath Energy's co-generation facility.
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Closed ALL major holidays.