The Wastewater Division provides services to nearly 28,000 City of Klamath Falls residents and Klamath Basin area customers. The Division provides sewage collection/treatment and storm water collection services for the residents of Klamath Falls.
The Division has:
- Staff consisting of 12 full-time employees responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of all equipment, facilities and infrastructure that includes: 1 wastewater treatment plant, 150 miles of sanitary sewers, 12 wastewater pumping stations, 4 storm water pumping stations, and 110 miles of storm water collection lines.
- The Wastewater Treatment Facility cleans an average 2.2 million gallons of wastewater per day from over 7,400 service connections.
Beginning in July of 2019 the Wastewater Treatment Facility will embark on a $47 million dollar upgrade project to address both aging infrastructure as well as meeting new more stringent water quality permit levels. As established through technical evaluations key components of this project include:
- Construction of a new influent pump station
- Construction of a new headworks facility with fine screening and grit removal
- Construction of one new aeration basin
- Construction of a new BioMag® system
- Construction of a new screw press for solids dewatering
- Conversion of one digester to W.A.S. storage tank
- Hydraulic improvements to existing facilities
The City of Klamath falls will be distributing free compost most Fridays from April 5 through October 25 . Compost pick-up will typically take place on Fridays from 7:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The compost can be picked up at the City of Klamath Falls Compost Facility at South Spring Street.
Operators will be available to help load the compost with our front end loader, but you must bring your own truck or trailer and a tarp to cover the load. For availability and more information, please call (541) 891- 9020 after 10:00 am on the Thursday before.
For more on the Wastewater Division watch this video:
Office Hours: 6:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Closed ALL major holidays.